The three key elements to a great gift basket idea are:
1. Find a gift that sends the right message. Books and Journals are always a good choice. CareGifting has a variety of books and Journals to choose from. We do our best to stock a wide variety of books but there are times when we might not have exactly what you are looking for. If there is a book that you want to send and we don’t have it, we will do our best to go out and locate the book at a local merchant and add it to your order. Please call customer service for assistance.
2. Find a gift that’s appropriate for the situation. If someone is recovering after surgery you should not send them candy or flowers. What they really need are comfort items that will assist them in healing, we recommend any of the gift baskets in our After Surgery Gift Baskets
3. Find a gift that fits your budget. Spend an appropriate amount based on your relationship with the recipient and your budget. Look for quality, re-usable items that the recipient will use and not re-gift. CareGifting offers you the ability to Create Your Own gift basket within your budget. Remember it’s not about buying the most expensive basket with the most items inside; it’s about giving something meaningful to the recipient that they can use.
For days and possibly weeks, your basket will be in the recipient’s home or office. Your gift message will be read over and over again and will be a symbol of your thoughtfulness. The right gift basket idea will make all the difference.
Gift Baskets Ideas For Kids You can do your best to get them outside and away from the TV, Computer, etc. But sometimes that’s just what they like and all that they have given the situation. Try one loaded with books, games or toys. There are kids’ gift baskets, birthday gift baskets, and even baskets tailored to cure boredom or stress relief for the traveler or college student.
Gift Basket Ideas for Someone you don’t know so well Sometimes we have to get a gift for someone we don’t know that well, a coworker, an employee, the postal man or maybe even your own relative. What you need to do is not select a gift that is too personalized. Socks, journals, crossword puzzle books, healthy snacks, pillows, blankets are all universal items that anyone of any age could enjoy.
Any gift basket idea is a good one! Gift baskets are great for any moment deserving of thanks-thanks for taking care of my cat, sympathy-sorry for your loss, or congratulations-welcome baby Jane! A new job, wedding gift, Easter basket, birthday, house warming,if it comes from you and it comes from the heart, gift baskets are always welcome and always remembered.
We all know someone who just needs to take some time off. Whether it’s a busy Mom, that best friend who never shuts down after work, Grandma who gardens and socializes till her hearts content, that sister who just had surgery, a runner who puts in 8 miles a day, an Aunt who has worked hard to drop a few pounds. This gift message of rest and comfort is a unique and caring gift to send to a friend in need.
Soothing Chamomile and Lavender Deep Steep bubbles
Healing Body Heal balm
Luxurious and soft bamboo socks
Pretty and inspiring journal to jot down her thoughts right before she relaxes into rest
Beautiful decorative small box and unique hand decorated pen to make her feel extra special
We’ve been looking into the Deep Steep philosophy and products for the last few months. Deep Steep is a great company founded by earth-conscious entrepreneurs. They are dedicated to producing all natural luxury bath & body care products that benefit both the consumer and the planet. Stepping into a Deep Steep bath is like stepping into a little oasis: a wonderful opposite to the day’s stresses. Deep Steep’s Bubble Bath creates mounds of fragrant bubbles, just like traditional bubble bath, but without any harsh surfactants or chemicals. So draw yourself a bath, sink deep into warm water, and emerge refreshed, relaxed, and silky smooth. Ideal for all ages and skin types – kids love it too!.
Badger`s Sleep Balm clears the minds clutter so you can get a great night’s sleep! This Sleep Balm does not deliver a “I’m out like a light” kind of sleep however the lavender and essential oil aroma’s do work very hard to clear your thoughts and ease your mind, which then let’s you fall asleep naturally. Sleep Balm also offers skin smoothing night care with the fragrance of forest and orange, olive oil, castor oil, beeswax and pure essential oils of bergamot, ginger, rosemary, lavender, and balsam fir makes for a relaxing fragrant balm that`s good for the skin.
Badger Organics is a great company that makes products that promote healing and are that do not have harmful addidtives. More and more people are choosing aromatherapy and essential oils for healing and those are the same people looking to avoid the chemicals and cancer causing parabens that are included in most common cosmetics. Open your mind and begin a practice of letting plant essencese help you relax.
We recommend for bedtime but Badger’s Sleep Balm can be used all day, every day. Rub a dab into your forehead, under your nose and on your temples. Close your eyes and breathe through your nose. Before you know it, you will be sound asleep. Also try using this when your stressed, or need to feel a little more calm. We like to smooth some of the balm into our cuticles and tops of our hands as well. That little Badger is a busy guy around our office.
We don’t always feel comfortable around a friend or loved one who has been diagnosed with an illness, and that’s completely normal. Understanding and caring are the first steps you can take to make you and your friend/loved one feel more in tune with each other during challenging time’s. Here are a few suggestions that we have found are most beneficial:
- Stay connected. Don’t make a big show of support and then drop off their radar for weeks/months.
- Never underestimate the power of a hug, the power of silence, the power of a touch. This goes beyond explanation, just do it. Others will feel the love eminate from you.
- Listen. Listen without interruption, listen without planning a response, listen with your feelings.
- Ask rather than tell. Ask if you can bring dinner on a specific day, ask to return library books or DVD’s, ask to fill their car up with gas or wash and clean the interior. Patients that are undergoing treatment for an illness may feel their life is out of control. Anything you can say or do to restore a sense of control and normalcy is good.
- Say “I love you” frequently and meaningfully, if you’re a close family member or friend.
- Give a caring gift that is healthy and healing.
Here are some guidelines for gifts:
– Jackets,Pajamas or nightgowns that open in the front.
– Natural fiber Socks
– Comfortable and warm blankets or throws.
– Squish pillows that can be placed under arms, in front of chest or to prop limbs, or are soft enough to cuddle.
-Moisturizers are good but give Unscented. Strong smells can add to a patient’s discomfort.
– Snacks can be great. Most times a patient’s appetite will need stimulation (providing the doctor approves) almost anything that the patient enjoys is acceptable.
– Healthy and uplifting teas , nutritional shakes, and hot chocolate may stimulate a weak appetite.
– CD’s,Magazines or books that are short and light.
– A gift certificate for dinner.
– Pay for a cleaning service that uses all natural cleaning products to come in and clean the bathrooms or kitchen.
– Healing or Inspirational jewelry, crafts, journals, photographs. Remember that not everyone wants to be reminded of their illness. Yes, they are sick but they yearn to feel better and we need to do everything we can to help them achieve that. Everyone stills wants to feel beautiful/handsome and look and touch beautiful things even in times of illness. Inspire them, learn from them, care for them.
Medical research suggests that journaling just 30 minutes each day can significantly boost mental and physical health. Many patients turn to support groups, psychotherapy or antidepressant drugs
to help them cope with the fears and challenges illnes brings. Harvard Medical school has found that expressive writing can help patients release stress, articulate issues and cope in a healthy way.
If you decide to try journal therapy, don’t worry about your form, spelling, grammar or audience. Just write free-form, as you feel comfortable and natural. Write about the things that are on your mind, and the process of writing will hopefully help your work through the issues and feel better.
Kids should also be encouraged to Journal, especially when illness occurs. A great Journal, pen and a lot of imagination will fight off the boredom better than anything else!
The power of Color has been used for healing for thousands of years. Color is absorbed by the eyes, skin, and our aura. Color energy affects us physically, spiritually and emotionally. Every cell in the body needs light energy – thus color energy has widespread effects on the whole body.
Red for Vitality
Heat, fire and anger. A stimulating and energizing color. It is usually used in the treatment of diseases like low blood pressure, rheumatism, paralysis, anaemia and advanced cases of tuberculosis.
Orange: Prosperity and pride. Orange is useful for stimulating blood supply and energizing the nerves. It is beneficial in the treatment of kidney and gallstones, hernia and appendicitis. Can have positive affects on your emotional state. Relieves feelings of self-pity, lack of self-worth and unwillingness to forgive. Orange opens your emotions and is a terrific antidepressant.
Yellow for Happiness
Joy and happiness, yellow is laxative and diuretic. It is a stimulant to the brain, the liver and the spleen. Intellectual thinking: discernment, memory, clear thinking, decision-making and good judgment. Also Yellow builds self-confidence and encourages optimism. Dull yellow can bring on feelings of fear.
Purple: Combines the blood-warming red and the cooling antiseptic blue. It is an excellent stimulant without being an irritant and exerts a soothing effect on the eyes, ears and the nervous system. Purple’s psychological effect is that it helps to balance the mind and transform obsessions and fears.
Mental control, clarity and creativity, alleviate’s pain. It is beneficial in the treatment of dysentery, colic, asthma, respiratory disorders, high blood pressure and skin aberrations. Lighter blues make us feel quiet and away from the rush of the day. Dark blue can be depressing.
Green Harmony. It is a mild sedative. It is useful in the treatment of nervous conditions, hay fever, ulcers, influenza, malaria, colds and cancer. It preserves and strengthens eyesight. Creates feelings of comfort, laziness, relaxation, calmness. It helps us balance and soothe our emotions.